BKP Technologies, Inc. is committed to developing innovative and cost effective technology solutions that improve the operating performance of our life sciences customers. Our staff of highly skilled and experienced consultants utilizes cutting edge technology to deliver quality services and products.
- BKP Technologies was founded in July 1999 by Brian K. Perry as a sole proprietorship.
- BKP Technologies, Inc. was incorporated in May 2001.
- In June, 2001 BKP Technologies, Inc. signed an agreement with Sentrx (formerly Global Safety Surveillance, Inc.) of Little Falls, NJ. This agreement enabled BKP Tech to team with Sentrx’s strong Pharmacovigilance team to provide integrated solutions and services to customers who wish to outsource their drug safety and regulatory requirements. Under this agreement BKP Technologies developed several web and database tools that were used in a production environment by Sentrx and its clients.
- In July 2001, BKP signed a web hosting and services agreement with Versal Technologies, Inc. of Boston, MA. This agreement allows BKP to use the hosting facilities and operational expertise of the Versal staff in delivering web based services and technologies to clients.
- In September 2001, BKP Technologies released BKP Technologies Coding Tools version 1.0 which is a web service application that provides pharmaceutical and medical companies with the ability to code adverse events or drug data using standard industry coding dictionaries.
- In February 2002, BKP Technologies, Inc. formed a relationship with the Long Valley Group of Long Valley, NJ. This relationship enabled the two organizations to leverage complimentary skills sets to provide a diverse set of Information Technology offerings to clients. The relationship coupled LVG’s expertise in IT optimization, Information Security, Technology Deployment and Project Management with BKP’s skills in software engineering and development.
- In February 2003, BKP Technologies, Inc. released BKP Coding Tools version 2.0. This version included support for the COSTART Adverse Terminology Dictionary and support for client defined custom dictionaries that standardized coding and improved the “hit rate” of batch auto-encoding.
- In January 2004, BKP Technologies, Inc. released BKP Coding Tools version 2.1. This version included support for flexible access control of users and custom dictionaries in addition to a simplified user interface.
- In January 2005, BKP Technologies, Inc. formed a partnership with Clinical Technology Advisors, Inc. of Acton, MA. This partnership leveraged the synergies between the expertise at Clinical Technology Advisors and BKP Technologies to assist life sciences companies in the implementation of technology solutions for clinical trials. The partnership leveraged BKP Technologies, Inc. expertise in building clinical web applications and patient diaries as well as our expertise in systems validation.
- In September 2009, the company began its efforts in the mobile development space with a focus on the Apple iOS and Google Android operating system platforms.
- In March 2010, BKP Technologies, Inc. introduced it’s first publicly available iPhone application, a 21 CFR 11 Pocket reference guide.
- In April 2011, BKP Technologies partnered with SJ Pharma Consulting to offer a comprehensive Pharmacovigilance Signaling and Data Mining/Visualization solution. By coupling the PV expertise of SJ Pharma with the validation and systems implementation expertise of BKP Tech the two companies offer a compelling solution to life sciences firms of all sizes.
- In September 2011, BKP Technologies became an Oracle Gold Partner, focused on the life sciences industry and pharmacovigilance software solutions.
- In April 2012, the company launched BKP Codex version 3.0, a robust solution for life sciences companies that need to code adverse event and drug terms to industry standard coding dictionaries.
- In April 2013, BKP Technologies debuted BKP Codex: Up-Version version 5.0, a web-based software solution that up-versions MedDRA coded terms in Oracle Argus Safety™ utilizing a workflow of industry best practices.
- In April 2014, BKP Technologies released BKP Codex: Up-Version 7.0, a MedDRA up-versioning tool for Oracle Argus Safety™ 7.0.2 including full support for Japanese data coded in MedDRA J.
- In August 2014, BKP Technologies announced the general availability of BKP Codex: Up-Version 7.0.1, a MedDRA up-versioning tool for Oracle Argus Safety™ with full support for Argus Safety 7.0.4, numerous enhancements and enhanced support for both the English and Japanese versions of MedDRA.
- In September 2014, BKP Technologies released version 3.0 of the 21 CFR 11 Pocket Guide for Apple iOS devices.
- In February 2015, BKP Technologies released BKP Codex: Up-Version 7.0.2, an update to the company’s MedDRA up-versioning tool for Oracle Argus Safety™. The new version includes enhanced support for Argus Safety 7.0.4, numerous enhancements to augment 21 CFR 11 compliance and features for deploying the software in hosted/cloud environments.
- In April 2015, the company released new versions of the 21 CFR 11 Pocket Guide in the Apple App Store™ and Google Play Store™.
- In September 2015, the company released an updated version of the 21 CFR 11 Pocket Guide, that includes support for Apple’s iOS 9 and iPad multi-tasking.
- In March 2016, BKP Technologies released version 8.0 of BKP Codex Up-Version, our MedDRA up-versioning tool for Oracle Argus Safety™ with full support for Argus Safety 7.x/8.x, user experience and usability enhancements and greater control over both English and Japanese MedDRA up-versioning.
- In January 2017, the company released version 8.0.1 of BKP Codex Up-Version. This patch release includes bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- In April 2017, we released version 8.1 of BKP Codex Up-Version. This new version includes performance enhancements, additional Japanese reports, and support for Argus Safety versions 7.0 through 8.1.x.
- On September 21, 2017, BKP Technologies released version 4.3 of the 21 CFR 11 Pocket Guide that includes support for iOS 11™ and the new iPhone X display™.
- In February 2018, we announced the release of BKP Codex: Up-Version 8.2 with support for Oracle Argus Safety 8.1.1 (including Multi-tenancy) and increased performance.